How to make a particular pocket?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!!
I am making a shawl which is knit with cables and has pockets. The pattern is set up so
that the two sides are made separately and sewn together with a seam. I’d like to continue
knitting the shawl in one piece but I don’t know how to put the last pocket into place. Could
someone please help me with a step by step with this??? The pattern I’m using is from the
Knit Picks site (cable pocket shawl and headband). The section of the first pocket states…
[I][U][FONT=AJensonPro-Regular][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Row 7: Knit 6 stitches in seed stitch, then k6, *p2, k6, repeat from

• to last 6 stitches, knit remaining 6 stitches in seed stitch.
    Repeat rows 1 through 8 until piece measures 6½", ending with a
    wrong side (WS) row.
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=AJensonPro-Bold][SIZE=4][COLOR=#0000ff]Prepare to join front pocket panel:
    [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=AJensonPro-Regular][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]On right side (RS) row, work 46 stitches in established pattern,
    sl last 26 stitches just worked onto a stitch holder, work to end of
    row in established pattern.
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=AJensonPro-Bold][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Join front pocket panel:
    [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=AJensonPro-Regular][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Now join the front pocket panel to the shawl at the pocket tops:
    On WS row, work in established pattern to pocket opening, work
    26 stitches of the front pocket panel to the same needle, work in
    established pattern to end of row. Th e stitches at the top of each
    front pocket panel have now become part of the shawl, while the
    stitches from the shawl have become the top of the pocket.
    Continue in established pattern until you have completed 20 cable
    rows. Knit three more rows in pattern after the last cable row (WS,
    RS, WS). Leave the stitches on the needle. You have completed half
    of the shawl. Repeat the directions to complete the other half of the
    shawl.
    [/I][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

When you’re working the left front, you’re working 46 stitches (20 of the shawl and 26 of the pocket.) You slip the 26 stitches onto a holder for the top edge of the pocket.

As you work around to the other edge, work until there are 20 stitches left and then slip the 26 you just knit onto a holder and finish the row.

On the next row, you work up to the holders and work the pocket linings in place of the stitches that are on the holders.