How to make a bobble...HELP

Could someone please translate these directions into English and give detailed how-to instructions??? I am making a scarf and decided that if I made bobbles on it, I wouldn’t get bored!
Bobble: ( K1, p1, k1) in same st to make 3 sts, turn; p3; turn; sl 2 sts as if to k2tog; k1, pass sl sts over to dec back to 1 st.
What I know so far is how to do a knit stitch, how to do a purl stitch, and how to do a slip stitch. What I don’t know seems pretty big!

Ok, the K1, pl, k1 is an increase…k1, slip the stitch back to the left needle, purl one in that same stitch, slip back to left, k1 in that same stitch. Turn your work as if you were at the end of a row, slip two stitches, k1, pass the slipped stitches over the stitch you knitted…kind of like when you bind off. Turn again back to the front as if you were at the end of a row (but you’re not) and then continue in whatever pattern you have started. Make any sense?

OK. Several questions as I practice trying to do this: So when you do the knit 1 purl 1 knit 1, you end up with 2 extra stitches? Is this the sort of thing where I had better keep counting my stitches or I could end up in big trouble? I haven’t reached the end of the scarf yet, so binding off is a foreign land. I read descriptions, but how exactly do you get those two slipped stitches over the knit one ( and then off the needle)? I tried my fingers( bad idea) and then to use the needle (not easy)… can you describe further? I ended up with something that looks sort of like the bobble in the picture, only it seems to have some angles that I hadn’t expected!

To get the two slipped ones over the knit one, insert the left needle into the slipped stitches and then lift/pull them over the knitted one. It takes a little practice…it can be a little awkward at first. Yep…you get 2 extra stitches, but then when you pull the slipped stitches over the knit stitch, you are decreasing by two so back to the original number of sts you had before you started the bobble

I could do this one time and get extra stitches, now when I try again, I get a chain but no extra stitches! What am I doing wrong???