How to lenthen

I just finished the Einstein jacket pattern. It’s all knitting. Is anyone familiar with this pattern? It is in “The knit stich” book? Well, I got gauge before I started (Or what I thought was guage), but my tention must have changed as I went. It ends up about 2" too short and the sleeves are too small. I haven’t sown up the sleeves yet. I think I can add accross the top fairly easily but since the knit stiches on the sleeve went from the arm pit to cuff I don’t know how to add there. If anyone is familiar with this pattern and can help feel free to email me.
Thanks

There’s no way to make the sleeves wider and have the stitches going in the same direction. You could only pick up and knit along the edge, but the stitches would be perpendicular to the sleeve stitches.

I have not made this, but I have heard from other people that due to using the garter stitch throughout the pattern, the jacket will lengthen in time naturally. I wonder what would happen if you get the sweater damp and hang it from a hanger?? Perhaps that might speed the lengthening process. I don’t know if that will actually help or not, but it might be worth a try.
kimmie

You could try knitting a strip and inserting it into the sleeve using a grafting seam so that it’s invisible.