How to 'k to 2 sts before marker'

Hello, I’m working on a hat and the directions say to:
[K2tog, K14, slip 1, K1, psso, place a marker
on the needle] 4 times, K1
Next Row: Purl.
Next Row: [K2tog, K to 2 sts before marker, slip 1, K1,
psso] 4 times, K1
But frankly, I don’t get how to ‘k to 2 sts before marker’. Can anyone help???

Knit is such a confusing language to learn!

It looks like you have 16 stitches between the markers in your first line of instructions. If I count right, you will work 14 stitches then do your psso decrease. If I didn’t count right, when you have 2 stitches on the left needle before you reach the marker, you’ll use those last 2 stitches to work the decrease. At that point, you’ll slip your marker to the right needle.

So now, if I read your question correctly and actually said what I mean, this might help.

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you so much! It makes so much more sense!!! Thanks again!

You’re welcome. I’m glad I could help. I hate not knowing what the instructions mean. I’d love to know what hat you’re working on, would you try linking to the pattern or a picture, if possible?

Markers are placed so you don’t have to keep counting. It’s just a convenient place marker. Think of it like a book marker in the middle of your knitting. You’ll knit until you only have two unknit stitches to the right of your marker, then do whatever your instructions say to do next. I hope this helps.

Sure, here is the link!
http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/WR1934.pdf
It is a really simple hat, and I am almost done!! :slight_smile:

Sure, here is the link!
http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/WR1934.pdf
It is a really simple hat, and I am almost done!! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=fatoldladyinpjs;1346800]Markers are placed so you don’t have to keep counting. It’s just a convenient place marker. Think of it like a book marker in the middle of your knitting. You’ll knit until you only have two unknit stitches to the right of your marker, then do whatever your instructions say to do next. I hope this helps.[
Thanks! It did help!!

Thanks! It did help!