How to increase 7x1 st every 6 rows

I received this request from my granddaughter.
“I am working on a sweater and the instructions tell me to increase 7x1 st at both edges every six rows.
The second part is At the neck edge continue binding off 1x8 in the second row.
I have attached the pattern below
Sarah”

I am not sure about these instructions. Is anyone familiar with them? I have copied them below. Could it mean to increase one stitch on both sides every 6 rows repeated 7 times? that’s the only thing that makes sense to me.

Betsy

Sleeve shaping: when work measures 50 cm increase 7x1 st at both edges, every 6 rows. Neckline shaping: when work measures 68-6970 cm bind off the center 16 sts and finish each half separately. At neck edge continue binding off 1x8 sts in the 2nd row. Shoulders: when work measures 70-71-72 cm bind off the rem 19-2225 sts.

Front: work same as back. Neckline shaping: when work measures 63-64-65 cm bind off the center 12 sts and finish each half separately. At neck edge continue binding off 1x3, 2x2 and 3x1 st, every 2 rows. Shoulders: bind off sts as the same length as back.

Welcome to the forum.

I would also read those instructions,

as, “increase seven times by one stitch, at each edge, every six rows.”

@salmonmac or @Jan_in_CA might give you better help on sweater pattern.

Welcome!
I agree with you and Jack, increase one stitch at each end of the row 7 times. Work the increase on rows 1,7,13,19,25,31 and 37. It’s 2 increased sts per increase row.

For the front neck, decrease at the neck edge every other row:
3sts once, 2sts twice, and 1stitch 3 times.