How to Garter Eyelet Stitch

Hi Everyone

I’m new to this site and have been enjoying browsing and exploring all that it has to offer. The videos, in particular, are fantastic.

I’ve recently taken up knitting and am having problems with garter eyelet stitch. Can anyone point me in the direction of either a good video clip of the technique or simple clear instructions?

Regarding knitting, I’m one of those people who finds it easier to “see” how it’s done, rather than than"read" how it’s done! For example, these
instructions were sent to me, but I still don’t get it. :??

Also, not sure if this makes a difference, but I knit using the English method.

Thanks in advance for any help
:slight_smile: jem

Your link didn’t work, so I’m not sure exactly what you’re looking for. :thinking:

Hmmm…not sure what happened there…this is the link I was referencing:

http://knitting.about.com/library/blgartereyelet.htm

Thanks for your interest!

p.s. actually, I just fixed the link in the original post - not sure what happened the first time!

:lol: When I did a search, that’s the site I came up with, too.

I don’t know of a video source for the particular stitch, but Amy’s videos can show you how to do a yo and a k2tog. Look in the abbreviations section.

You really just have to knit 2 together, bring the yarn forward between the needles and k2tog again. You just keep doing that all the way across. The yo stitch will be created as you knit the two together with the yarn forward.

Hi Ingrid

Many thanks for your help on this one. I’m pleased to say that my second pair of baby booties will now have fetching garter eyelet stitching around the ankles :happydance: