How to finish a v neck

hi !!!

please i need a help to end my sweater ,i am making a sweater with v neck i completed everything but i dnt understand how to complete v neck ,
and i dont know how to place a marker and how to put on holder ,there is written in website ://www.berroco.com/exclusives/ben/ben.html

With RS facing, using circular needle, beg at left front shoulder, pick up and k40 sts along left front neck edge, k1 from holder, place marker, M1k(k1 from holder-M1k-k1 from holder), pick up and k40 sts along right front neck edge, then 32(32-36-40) sts along back neck edge – 114(114-118-122) sts. DO NOT join.

Row 1 (WS): * P2, k2, rep from * to 1 st before marker, p1, sl marker, p1, ** k2, p2, rep from ** to end.

Row 2 (RS): * K2, p2, rep from * to 5 sts before marker, k2, p1, k2 tog, sl marker SSK, p1, k2, ** p2, k2, rep from ** to end – 112(112-116-120) sts. Working in ribbing as established, continue to dec 1 st each side of marker in this manner every RS row until band measures 1”, end on WS. Bind off in ribbing. Sew left shoulder and neckband seam. Sew in sleeves. Sew side and sleeve seams.

This isn’t too difficult if you just take it one step at a time. If you don’t know how to pick up stitches, look at the video toward the bottom of the Tips page and practice with some other yarn. Placing a marker is just putting a ring on the needle, can be a loop of different yarn, to show the place where you do the decreases later. When you come to it, just slip it from one needle to the other so it goes up the rows with your knitting.

First, you should alreday have a few stitches on a stitch holder from the front of the V; when you pick up stitches along the left front of the neck, knit/purl those stitches off the holder and pick up the stitches from the right neck and along the back neck. Then turn and knit in ribbing, as described, decreasing on the RS rows.

thanks suzeeq!!!

i wil follow ur guideline ,now its more clear to me and i have to buy cn so lets see wht happened i hope i will make it but after newyear,going to Amsterdam ,so thanks again ,if i get problem ,will again disturb u ,bye and Happy New Year,