How-To: Embed YouTube & Google videos into your posts

I intend to do a weekly tutorial in the How-to forum and I’ll use this newfound video feature to make it all the better! Thanks, Amy and Sheldon!

Lets see if this works Mothers day picture
//youtu.be/bhcA4Ry65FU

Momwolf - just LOVE that Mother’s day video!

Awesome! We we hoping that this feature would spur people to post their own instructional videos a la Amy! We’re always trying to make KH a better learning/teaching place.

Of course, unrelated funny videos are fine as well! I love that mother’s day movie. Their stuff is quite hilarious, but that MD vid takes the cake! :rofl:

This is so cool Sheldon! :cheering:

Momwolf, I laughed so hard at that Mother’s day video. :roflhard: Reminds me of my brother and I when we were kids! :teehee:

My two sons sent that to me on mothers day.I laughed so hard I almost wet myself!!!Glad some of you can relate

I wholeheartedly second Nadja’s “thank you”!!! That video is hillarious!! :roflhard: :roflhard:
I’m bookmarking it right now :thumbsup:

Sheldon: this is an awsome feature; thank you! It’s just that, well, how on earth am I going to find the time to learn how to make video’s and post them online inbetween all my working and gardening and studying and knitting and penpalling and and and…
:figureditout: Maybe I should just quit my job?? :wink:

Don’t click the title, click the play button in the middle of the screen.

I don’t even see a play button… just a big, empty, white box…

Probably click the box then.

Make sure you have a recent version of Flash installed. You can painlessly install it here:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Both YouTube and Google Video rely on Flash 8 or greater, I believe. Also, make sure you don’t have any advert blocker or other thing running that might be blocking embedded Flash videos from 3rd party sites from displaying.

Umm…That’s pretty much what I had to do to keep up with the demands of this web site! It supposed to be the KH off-season and I am putting in many hours each day!

Thanks, Sheldon. I don’t know what version I had, but I haven’t updated since my DB built my puter about 3 years ago… works great now!

Wow - The board has so many new bells and whistles. I’ve been away far too long.

Well, here’s my two cents!
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#007700][youtube=pMgvK_iHtOA]Badia Bellydance: Turkish Drum Solo[/youtube][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#007700]One of these days, my dancing skills will compare. :pray:[/COLOR][/FONT]

I guess I’m confused about whether it is legal for us to use other peoples videos ?

testing with my favorite video

//youtu.be/Qrd2200ON3Y

edit: thanks, Sheldon! you rock.

YouTube policies permits any video submitted to YouTube to be displayed on YouTube and linked/embedded into other sites. People can set their videos to private to prevent them from being displayed on other web sites. But the standard operating procedure for YouTube and Google is to make the information available for others to share. It’s a great model in my opinion!

So by Google you mean any video on knitting that I find by Googleing knitting I can use on KH.If I use Yahoo I can’t do it?

Sheldon means videos that are uploaded to YouTube or Google Videos specifically.

Just saw this thread…:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:on the Dance Video!

Let me try one before I try to post it to the KAL forum…

//youtu.be/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuRLFl36tDY