How to do a neck for a sweater

Here is the pattern which I am doing: http://www.garnstudio.com/pattern.php?id=4850&cid=19#pattern_content

The pattern says: " Beg to the left of the 5 sts mid front, pick up approx 92 to 125 (divisible by 3+2) round neck on circular needle size 2.5 mm with Alpaca and finish to the right of the 5 sts mid front. Work back and forth from mid front. K 1 row from WS and K 1 row from RS, then work rib as follows (row 1 = WS) : 1 garter st, * P1, K2 *, repeat from * - *, finish with 1 garter st. The rib will be K1 / P2 as seen from RS. When neckline measures 4 cm cast off in rib. Place the right side of neckline over the left mid front and fasten through both layers."

I have the midfront of 5 sts casted off. Starting from there I have to pick up the stitches. My question is before I pick up, do I have to sew both front piece and back piece and then pick up the stitches… and then after casting off the rib, what does this sentence mean, “Place the right side of neckline over the left mid front and fasten through both layers.”

Could some one help me

Thanks

Aishwarya

This is such a handsome sweater.
Yes, seam the front to the back at both shoulders.
After you’ve worked about 4cm of the neckband, bind off. The edges at either side of the band should be attached to the 5 stitch bind off at the front neck. You can see in the photo where one edge overlaps the other. The very edge is seamed with the 5 stitch bind off.