How to do a double bind: "YO, K2, YO stitch over the 2 knitted stitches"

My subject has pretty much my whole question. I’m working on my first knitting project, which unfortunately is rather complicated (a baby blanket that MUST be ready by Christmas!). I’ve completed the border and must now do what the book refers to as a “double bind” stitch. The instructions in the book for the double bind are:

YO, K2, pass YO stitch over the 2 knitted stitches

Well, I know that the K2 is just knit 2 stitches, which fortunately I understand. And I’ve watched youtube videos on how to do YO, although there seems to be controversy over which direction the YO goes around the right needle. So I’m confused about that, and even more so, what it means to pass the YO stitch over the 2 knitted stitches.

Help?

Dorota

Hi and welcome!
It sounds like a stitch pattern similar to the bamboo stitch.

http://newstitchaday.com/how-to-knit-the-bamboo-stitch/

This video shows the repeat and even how to do a yo at the beginning of a row. There’s really not a problem about which way to wind a yo around the needle. It depends on the stitch before the yo and the stitch that comes after.

Thank you so much for the answer. I apologize for not thanking you more promptly, but I realized a mistake and had to start over from scratch. I am finally at the point where I can start trying the stitch that you directed me to. It does look similar to the one in the book, so I think it’s what I needed.