How to delete account?

I’ve requested twice to change my username and didn’t receive a response. I also can’t find an option to delete my account.

How do I get my account deleted?

Oh I’m sorry! Do you want to change your username still or would you prefer to delete your account? A new forum is coming soon if it makes any difference. Let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

I’d prefer to change my username but I’ve messaged Sheldon and Amy but they must be too busy to respond. :frowning:

Hi there, no-longer-N0obKnitter. Thanks for being in touch. I’m sorry you’ve been waiting. I see your PM today, and I just replied. Where did you send a PM before today? Sheldon says he didn’t get one either. Seems it was sent into the ether. In any case, I’m glad you followed up!

I’ve just spoken with Sheldon on the topic, so I’ll PM you again with more details. Thanks again for your participation!

I cannot find information anywhere on the site about how to delete an account either. Would be happy to be contacted with those instructions. Thanks!

@Sheldon will be able to help out with the technical side. Thank you very much for joining the forum and for helping out on so many posts.

Hi themom. Thank you for your contribution in the forum, and best wishes to you if you are deciding to leave.

Forum software is not generally designed with this feature. That’s why there’s no info on how to do it yourself. (Maybe they’re afraid folks will do it by accident or something?) In the last software we used, before our big forum upgrade, we were able to manually delete an account on the back end. I don’t know if we’ve done it yet with this new software, but I can ask Sheldon (it might be a few days as he’s very busy this month.)

Just to confirm: are you asking for your account to be deleted? (Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make it right for you to keep your account.)

Hello! I am no longer comfortable here and past experience this year has taught me not to leave accounts open or even deactivated. I would like it deleted but I don’t mind waiting a few days. Thanks!

Got it. I’m sorry to hear that. I’ll make sure Sheldon sees this . If it’s not deleted within a week, PM me and Mary Anne (@salmonmac)!

Thank you! Happy Holidays!

I’m very sorry you’re no longer comfortable here. I’m not here often now as real life keeps me busy, but I’ve not seen any issues. Best of luck in the future!

Jan