How to count or graph decreases in lace pattern

I’m knitting a baby cardigan with lace pattern and a lot of decreases on the edges. The pattern doesn’t include a graph and just says to “continue in pattern” after each decrease.
An example: I have 33 sts on my needle, so I made a chart with 33 columns across the page with 10 rows, as the lace pattern is 10 rows.

Row3 is K7, k2tog, yfwd, k1, yfwd, s1, k1, psso, (k4, k2tog, yfwd, k1, yfwd, s1, k1, psso) 2 times, k3.
Row4 is purl.
Row5 is K6, k2tog, yfwd, k3, yfwd, s1, k1, psso, (k2, k2tog, yfwd, k3, yfwd, s1, k1, psso) 2 times,k2.

How do I graph this, so I know where to track on my decreases. I don’t even know how to count a decrease of 4 into a k6…how do I count that stitch remaining on my right needle after the decreases.

Can anyone direct me to a site that can make sense of how to graph this. Thank you.

There are some simple apps and programs for making lace charts, some free, some under development. Here’s also a simple tutorial for chart making from a good source.

You won’t need 33 columns across the page since steps like k2tog or skpo only use a single box on a chart.
I find that the easiest way to work decreases for shaping (that is, decreases in addition to the lace pattern) is to work the edge repeat, or part of the repeat in stockinette. You have to give up a portion of the lace pattern to work the decrease but it looks fine and it will be easier to work.

Thank you for the link. I will check it out.

I’m not sure we are allowed to recommend apps here, but if we can, I would love to hear which ones people have tried with lace.