How should I do this?

I am working on a baby sweater that has bobbles and eyelet on the front. For the yoke I am to work four rows for the eyelet and so when I do the neck shaping I have to decrease at the neck edge. On the wrong side I am purling until I get to the last five sts that is when I K1(P1,K1) twice to maintain the rib for the buttonband. I have 40 sts on the needle and on my first row of neck shaping I am to P29sts, slip remain 11sts onto st holder. My question is

on my next row it says dec work across 28sts so that means I only need to dec one at the neck edge because I have the 11sts on the holder. But to maintain the pattern for the next row, which is

K2, P1, K1, P1, K7, YO, slip 1, K1, PSSO *K8, YO, slip etc.

Since I took off 11sts the K2, P1, K1, P1 is gone and then I have one stitch left from the K7 so since I have to K2tog I am taking one st from K7 and one from YO, I don’t know what I am doing wrong but I cant seem to get the pattern back.

When I slip 1, K1, psso it looks like the psso is too far to the left.

How do I maintain this pattern. :shrug:

If you have one k left, you could create the decrease by not doing the yo on that row. Just do the knit stitch, skip the yo.

To get the pattern on track, you could look to see where the next k8 starts and count backwards from there to know what stitch you should start on for sure.

THank you, that worked going backwards, I have a hard time at first but I got the hang of it. It turns out the K2tog had to be treated as the slip one. That is why I was having a hard time. But I finally got it. :happydance: