How old are you?

I’ve mentioned to my daughter a few times that there are so many young knitters now even though it’s still often perceived as an “old lady” hobby. I feel like there are more young knitters that older knitters here in the forum so I thought I’d do a fun poll because I’m sure I’m not the only curious member. You may elaborate if your so inclined or just vote in the poll if you’re shy. :wink:

I’ll start… I’m 54 now and started knitting when I was 52.

44…45 in 15 days!!

36.5 :zombie:

I am 36 years old…have been knitting for 2.5 years.

I’m 34.

I’m 56 but I started knitting at 14. I didn’t knit for many years though, and took it up again about 2 years ago.

i’m 35, although i usually only claim 29. tee hee i started knitting as a youngster in girl scouts, laid it down for many years, then picked it up again and haven’t looked back.

as far as younger knitters, i just taught my 2 nieces to knit the other day. one is 9 and the other is 14. the 9 year old is voracious!

I’m 14, started knitting when I was 7.

23 here!

26 currently

I’m old enough to know better than to tell anyone!!!

j/k I’m 35… and my 5 year old told me “35 is sooooo many birthdays!!!”

41… been knitting for about 3 years. Would love for my 14 year old daughter to learn… But not going to happen… =(

I turned 44 on June 3rd. Go Gemini!!! :blooby: :woot:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

I’m 37. I started last summer.

BTW, my dd is learning how to knit. She’s 15. Of course, I am using the knitting lesson as a bribe…errr lesson…to give her back her cell phone. If we both can survive her project with some respect left for each other, she’ll get it back.

36 and appear to forget that often. I found myself telling someone not long ago that i was 38…what the!.. :wink:

31 KNITTING 6 MTHS AND ALL THE YOUNG PEOPLE IN MY YOUTH GROUPS CALL ME AN OLD LADY ESPECIALLY WHEN I WEAR MY GLASSES AS I KNIT.ISN’T LIFE FUNNY?

I’m 30 and I started knitting a little over a year ago.

I learned to knit when I was 9, but didn’t really pick it up until last December. I’m 14.

I’m 26. I started at the age of 6, crocheted and knit occasionally through all of those 20 years. A few months ago knitting kicked in big time! :cheering:
And Conti - :notworthy:. I can only wish that at your age i would be knitting the way you do…By your posts i thought you were older, you sound so mature (and that’s a compliment:rofling:)!

OMGoodness, I was JUST about to post the very same topic! How odd.

I am 31.6, I started knitting about 2.5 years ago.