How many rows should I have ended up with?

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTcalorimetry.html

This is the piece I just finished… But its way bigger than I expected… My guage was right, right weight yarn, right needles…

Maybe Im counting rows wrong???or something??Do you count each time you have to turn as 1 row??I would work to marker, count as 1 row, turn work to marker, count as 1 row…

Row 1: Work all sts in 2x2 Rib.

Row 2: Work in 2x2 Rib as set to last 2 sts, turn work.

Row 3: Sl 1, work 3 sts, place marker, work to last 2 sts, turn work.

Row 4: Sl 1, work 3 sts, place second marker, work to next marker, turn work.

Row 5: Remove marker, sl 1, work 3 sts, replace marker, work to next marker, turn work.

Repeat Row 5 fifteen times more.

Row 6: Do not remove marker. Sl 1, work to next marker, turn work. 44 sts between markers; 38 sts at each side of piece, outside of markers.

Row 7: Sl 1, work to marker, remove marker, work 4 sts, replace marker, turn work.
Repeat Row 7 seventeen times more. 2 sts remain outside markers at each end of the piece.

Row 8: Sl 1, work to marker, remove marker, work last 2 sts.
Work 1 more row, removing final marker.

Mine is big, bigger than Id like. I was hoping it would be more the size of a wide headband… Can I alter this pattern with just not making as many rows and doing it that way so its more narrow??

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah:

No, it’s not you. Just about everyone who’s made this ended up with one that’s either too big or waaaaaay too big. Some people have CO only 80 stitches; others have repeated row 5 less times, 12, then of course did row 7 less too.

So it depends - if it’s too long, CO less stitches, if it’s too wide do less repeats of row 5.

sue

SOOO Funny…I wonder what happened in the pattern???

Hummm… Good to know Im not a FREAK and cant count!! lol.
Thanks! Gonna start AGAIN…

IT’s really funny; when you look at the picture on the pattern page of the one that’s laid out flat, if you count the ribs, it looks like 90/92 stitches along the bottom edge. One person got the size spot on - by washing it and putting it in the dryer with some towels. It shrank and felted slightly and looks really good.

sue