How many 100 g balls of wool are 2 skeins (weight 3)?

Hi there, I’m about to embark on a cowl pattern which calls for 2 skeins of wool, with a weight of 3. Can anyone advise me as to how many 100 g balls of wool I would need? Thank you.

Skeins of yarn aren’t all that well defined, neither is the yardage in 100gr balls of yarn.
What pattern are you making? Does it recommend a particular yarn?

If it’s 50 gr. skeins, one half of one.

More info please.

Thank you for replying. I’m knitting a Fluffy Clouds cowl from Allfreeknitting and it uses 2 skeins of Bernat Softee Baby Solids and Marls - I live in the UK and buy my wool in 100 g balls. I want just to use baby dk for this though. Thak you.

Thank you for replying. I’m using a pattern from Allfreeknitting which is a Fluffy Clouds cowl from and it uses 2 skeins of Bernat Softee Baby Solids and Marls - I live in the UK and buy my wool in 100 g balls. I want just to use baby dk for this though. Thak you.

https://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/bernat-softee-baby-solids--marls

Bernat Softee Baby Solids and Marls comes in 140 gr balls with 362 yards(331 meters). Since the pattern calls for 2 balls I think you probably need 3-100 gr balls.

That’s a pretty cowl. I did a scarf in brioche and was surprised that it was easy once I found out how to fix mistakes without frogging. Enjoy! and I hope you share pictures.

Thank you so much! I’m fairly new to knitting so this forum has helped a
lot! Thank you.

Very soft, pretty pattern.
GG has given you the yardage required (2 x 362yds) which is more important than the weight in grams. Even yarns in the same class (#3) can vary in yardage, so use that as a guide.

Thank you so much!