How long?

how long did you have to knit before you had something that looked perfect?

my thinking is this…if I want something that is perfect, I’ll go and buy something machine knit.

If I want something made with love for someone, imperfections and all, even if that someone is me…I’ll take the time with it by hand.

ALLLL of my projects aren’t perfect. I think every single one of my projects have mistakes. Some more than others of course.

The Amish on purpose put a block obviously upside down in the quilts. They do this because “Only God is perfect”.

Don’t worry about perfection, worry about learning the craft, making the best you can, and with practice, things will come along. It isn’t a race. :slight_smile: :heart: :heart: :heart:

still waiting…:teehee:

Amen. I have seen perfectly hand knit items, but I’ve never made any.

3 years.

Mind you, it took me about 2 years to complete the sweater because of my “perfect” obsession.

And I don’t like it.

I’ve yet to make something ‘perfect.’ :shrug:

Perfect? What’s that?? :??

:teehee:

Perfect…I’ve heard of that.

If I was meant to knit something perfect, I’d probably quit knitting for good :pout:

2 years just about :smiley: I am knitting something right now that looks VERY neat tension wise. I am feeling so gleeful about it. I looked at the purl side the other day (it’s stockinette) and I was dumbfounded at my own even tension.

Perfect doesn’t happen. But you get to a point where your knitting looks good when you get there.

sue

I looked at the scarf I was knitting last night and discovered a perfect hole in it! :?? :teehee:

:roflhard: I’ve been knitting about 2 years and still find those

I have a few knitted items that don’t have any mistakes in them, but only because I never noticed them or I’m just in denial. Everything else has a least one… uh… “custom feature that adds character”.

Don’t be too critical of your own work. If you are, you’ll spend way too much time frogging and getting frustrated. Knitting is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable and it can only truly be that if you’re willing to forgive a mistake here and there. We ALL have them.

Except Ingrid. I think she’s lying about her mistakes. :teehee:

I have been knitting for about 2 years, I will let you know when I finish something perfect.

I might be 3 licks to the center of the toostle roll pop. So I say 3 years. :doh:

I have been knitting for about 2 years, I will let you know when I finish something perfect.

I might be 3 licks to the center of the toostle roll pop. So I say 3 years.

I think since it takes 3 licks to the center of the toostle roll pop. So I say 3 years. :teehee:

I have been knitting for 10 years, and have had some nice looking pieces but I don’t think they are perfect. I don’t really want perfect anyway. I want something that looks nice and neat but you can tell it was handmade.

I’ve been a knitter for about 15 months and I haven’t had a perfect project yet. I usually find my “design features” right after I cast off!! :rofl: