How long can I store fudge?

My husband likes to have fudge in our Christmas stockings so despite the fact that I don’t really like eating or making fudge I indulge is need for a Christmas tradition.

I typically make it Christmas Eve but my MIL is coming on Tuesday and it would make my life easier and perhaps prevent my ulcer from bleeding if I could do it before she gets here.

Can I make it Monday for consumption on Thursday and Saturday?

I think it depends upon the type of fudge you’re making. I’ve never had a problem with how long will it keep. My problem is how to keep it from evaporating. lol Whichever kind you make I think that properly stored you’re well within the safe zone.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+long+will+fudge+keep&gws_rd=ssl

thank you !

I have a husband and two young boys - all I have to do is put it in a kitchen cupboard and they’ll never find it.

If you have any leftovers I’ll take 'em! :wink:

My problem is not how long it will keep, but how to keep ME from eating it! :doh: Or as my husband just said you can store it on your butt and it will last forever. :roflhard:

Needless to say I don’t have any here. :teehee:

It’ll keep for weeks, at least, if no one finds it. If you’re where it’s very damp or very dry, you’ll want to keep it covered so it doesn’t get sticky and/.or crumbly.

Put it in a container labeled “Fried Zucchini.” That should prevent evaporation :slight_smile:

ha, no dice for me. i may eat fried zucchinni faster than i’d eat fudge :wink:

There’s something wrong with you. :teehee: J/K!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fer sure, fer fure! :wink:

not sure my first attempt is going to set up firm enough. I didn’t get to it yesterday so just did it this morning. I think I don’t have the correct equipment…I have just a standard candy thermometer and revere ware pans. It sticks in my head that one should use a heavy clad pan for fudge. My problem seems to be that I never actually get it up to soft ball stage on my thermometer yet it passes the water test for soft ball stage. Stirring it until it goes matte is another issue altogether.

If your fudge is too soft after it cools, you can do one of two things instead of throwing it out:

1. Warm it up until it’s flowing again and throw in a package of the relevant flavor of chips (semi-sweet, milk chocolate, peanut butter…)

2. Realize that what you have actually made is hot fudge ice cream topping. Scoop it into jars, label them and hand out instructions for how long to warm them to pour over ice cream.

Becky, genius ideas! I’m making hot fudge as a going away gift for everyone this afternoon.

If you like Boyer Smoothies, try this sometime:
3 cups sugar
1 cup milk (or evaporated milk, or cream–cream makes it really rich and prevents scorching)
Bring all of that to a full rolling boil for five minutes. Take it off the heat and stir in
1 teaspoon good vanilla extract
OPTIONAL: 1/2 teaspoon butter extract, if you want to use it–if not, that’s no big deal
1/2 cup peanut butter
One bag butterscotch chips
Half of a 10 or 11-ounce bag of marshmallows
OPTIONAL: One cup finely shredded coconut

You shouldn’t need to beat this, just pour it into a pan and let it set. If it begins to cool and looks as if it might not set, you can either add another bag of chips (peanut butter or butterscotch) or stir in as much powdered sugar as it takes to make it firm up.

No time for all of that? Then try this:
Microwave a jar of nut butter (any kind) until it’s flowing. Pour it into a heat-tolerant bowl and stir in a teaspoon of good vanilla and half a teaspoon of butter flavoring if you have it. Beat in as much powdered sugar as you can manage by hand (I’ve used a stick blender when my hands were stiff, but it tends to make the fudge a little too hard.) Pretend you spent all day on it. If you want to make this chocolatey, use half a cup of cocoa powder stirred into the liquid nut butter. Chocolate almond is pretty darned good.