HOW I can solve this stitch?

Hiya!

I have a chart of one beautiful stitch and I have knitted a sample and it works fine.

Now, I have a problem. There is a jacket that have this stitch in the collar, as in my sample, but in the body the stitch form columns. This columns looks like the half of the stitch in the collar and they are separated by (I think purls and big holes).

I thought it was simple to solve. I decided that I would knit the half of the chart to get the columns, but I cant get it! I am very confused, because it is not a difficult pattern, so I dont understand why, because it is obvious the columns are the half of the design.

Could you see it?

Here is located the jacket I want to make:

Note that the columns of the body are the formed by the half of the pattern that has the collar.

Now, I have this chart:

Where the symbols means:

U means “yarn over”

I means “purl stitch”

_ means “knit stitch”

2 means “knit 2 together”

3 means “knit 3 together”

V with a little 2 inside means Slip 1 Knit 1 Pass Slip Stitch Over (s1k1psso)

How can I use this chart to make something like the pink cardigan?

I have years trying to solve this mistery!

Fabby

That’s a beautiful sweater! Unfortunately I’m not sure how to help. Hopefully someone else can. :thumbsup:

Thank you, yes it would be great to solve this one. A lot of people would be interested in the solution because it is beautiful.

Let me if I’m getting this right. The chart you gave makes the stitch in the collar, and you want to figure out how to adapt it to make the stitch on the body of the sweater? Is that right?

I don’t have a lot of experience with difficult patterns BUT, looking at the sweater, which is beautiful, it looks like the collar is part of the front. Looks like you work the front and keep going, like a turtle neck that folds down. I could be way off base but that’s how it appears to me.

Looked at it again since posting and I see a difference in the collar and body of the sweater. I see one hole on the body and looks like two holes on the collar. Could be because the collar is what would be the inside of the body. I’d love to hear an answer though and give the sweater a try.

I have knitted a little sample of the chart, and it looks very, very simmilar to the stitch in the collar. I think is the same, it really looks like the stitch in the collar.

But the problem is the body, because:

Looking the stitch that forms the columns in the body, I can realize is formed by the half of the motive in the collar, separated by purls and big hole.
But when I have tried to knit the half of the chart (I think half of the motive in the chart I will obtain the half of the motive that make the columns in the body, but is not working.
And the other thing: I see that columns are separated by purls and big holes, but the wide of that separation is not the same in all the column, because near the waist looks bigger, so the waist doesn`t looks straight in the model.

Yes, you are right. It looks like the collar is part of the front, but if you see the direction of the stitch in the collar form like a branche formed by a columm with 2 leaves, and that leaves goes in opposite directions. But the colummns in the body are just the half of the branch of leaves and separated by purls and holes, but I am not getting that part. I am trying to make samples with just half of the motive but it doesn`t work. :frowning:

I have knitted a little sample of the chart, and it looks very, very simmilar to the stitch in the collar. I think is the same, it really looks like the stitch in the collar.

But the problem is the body, because:

Looking the stitch that forms the columns in the body, I can realize is formed by the half of the motive in the collar, separated by purls and big hole.
But when I have tried to knit the half of the chart (I think half of the motive in the chart I will obtain the half of the motive that make the columns in the body, but is not working.
And the other thing: I see that columns are separated by purls and big holes, but the wide of that separation is not the same in all the column, because near the waist looks bigger, so the waist doesn`t looks straight in the model.

That is a super-cute sweater.

Ok - here’s a question - have you knit the chart just once (1-time/1 repeat)? What happens when you cast on to knit the chart 2 or 3 times? Because in the collar you also get the purl-y and large hole section between the repeats.

Marilyn! thank you! Great idea. I will knit a sample with 3 repetitions to see what happen!!! :slight_smile: I hope it works!

Marilyn! thank you! Great idea. I will knit a sample with 3 repetitions to see what happen!!! I hope it works! :slight_smile: