How do you finish up?

I’m sure that I must be overlooking the answer to my question; I’ve searched threads and don’t see it.

I’m finished with my project and have this long tail, but don’t know what do with it.

Do you just cut it? I figured that there must be a way to finish up without having a snub, or mini-tail left at the end of the project.

TIA
Webby

Thread the tail yarn through a tapestry/yarn needle, and then weave the tail through alternating stitches on your project. When you’ve weaved in about three or four inches, cut the tail close to the stitch, and then you’re done! :happydance:

Good luck!

Thank you :slight_smile:

I knew there had to be a neater way than mine.

Next time, when you are knitting, the first time you get to the tail, grab it and work it with the working yarn. This will knit the tail into the piece smoothly, which makes it a little easier to clean up at the end. It will already be woven in, so you can just snip it.

Edited to Add: Amy has a video on this. I can’t remember which one, and I’m at work so I can’t check. But she talks about it how to do it and make it look good. Congrats on finishing your first project! Take pictures and put them up for us! :happydance:

Thanks cawthraven!

That helps too. I’m going to see if I can find the video you’re referring to.