How do I do these stitches-help

Hi,

How do I do these stitches. I am making a knitted ripple blanket.

(k1, [yo, k1] twice) does this mean knit in the front and back of the stitch twice?

and

p2sso.

Thank you for your help.

No, you would just knit a stitch then yo, knit 1, yo, knit 1, then continue with the next stitches.

P2sso, is either slip 2 stitches, knit 1 and pass the slipped stitches over the knit 1. Or it might mean slip 1 stitch, knit 2tog and pass the slipped st over the k2tog. Your pattern should have an explanation of what that means.

is the P2sso right? looks to me like it should be PSSO which means pass the slipped stitch over.

as in S1 K1 psso = slip one, knit one, pass the slipped stitch over the stitch you just knit.

There is a term with a 2 in it, either means to slip 2 and pass them over, or k2tog and pass the slipped stitch over them. It all depends on how the designer wrote it.

slip 2 knitwise at the same time, knit the next stitch then pass the two slipped stitches over the knit stitch.

the main thing is to make sure that you decrease 2 stitches (no matter how you choose to do it), the number of stitches are the most important thing on a ripple blanket, you need to add as many stitches as you subtract and vice versa.

It sounds like you are making a kind of lacey zig zag ripple?

k1, [yo, k1] twice
Yo is a increase usually followed by or used following a decrease. Yo means you move your yarn to the front of the needle before you insert the right needle into the stitch then when you K1 you end up with a extra stitch! It’s a really fun increase. Did the P2SSO come after a slipped stitch? I think we are all thinking it may have said " Slip 1 and then P2SSO? Good luck!