How do I do a yarn forward?

I’m working on a pattern that reads like this:

Knit one, *wool forward, purl two together, knit one, purl one…

I’ve never done a yarn forward before, could someone explain how I do it? Especially in regard to this particular pattern? I would really appreciate it!

Suzy

In this pattern, it looks like they mean a YO… K1, yo, p2 tog, k1, p1… Bring the yarn all the way around the needle.

sue

Is this a british pattern? I have heard the yarn forward means to yarn over. Considering that it says “wool forward” I think I am right.

I don’t know if it’s a British pattern…I got it online at www.borntolove.com and there’s no .uk or anything at the end of the url. It’s a wool soaker pattern to put over cloth diapers, so that could be why they say “wool forward.” If everyone’s thinking yarn forward means yarn over here, then I’ll try that… Thanks!

[/quote]

Is this a british pattern? I have heard the yarn forward means to yarn over. Considering that it says “wool forward” I think I am right.[/quote]

In canada and great britain, wool is the general term for yarn. That’s why when you see a pattern that says something like “bring the wool forward” you assume it is canadian or british. Most american patterns will say, “bring the yarn forward” no matter what the fiber is made out of. :shrug:

Hmm…very interesting! Thanks for the info!