Houston, TX Knitters?

Hi Lisa!!

I’ve been knitting my little fingers off lately and I would love to get into a group to help me put together my first sweater!!n I knitted one for my almost 5 year old and it’s just looking at me waiting to be put together and I’m actually afraid of it. I’ve never done it before and it’s scaring my to death.

That would be “Twisted Yarns”. It’s just off of I45 and FM 2920 (on the east side of I45). It’sjust as you head into the Old Town Spring area to the left. Nice shop; but I have never gotten involved in any groups there.

http://www.twistedyarnstexas.com/

I work during the day, so I only get to do “group” type activities either at night or on the weekends.

There’s also the Knit At Night Guild - which does happen to have a northside meeting/chapter.
http://www.knitatnight.org/

Hey all. Nice to finally see some Houston knitters here! We should definitely organize a N. Houston meet sometime, either near Twisted Yarn or Meribee I guess.

Twisted Yarns is a nice atmosphere, but I haven’t been to many so I can’t really say.

Hey Houston Knitters!

I’ll be moving to Houston around May 30 - and it would be awesome to have a meet up! I’ve already met Lu, so I’m looking forward to meeting the rest of my new knitter friends! :heart: :heart:

:cheering: :woohoo: :woot: :woot: :woot: :x: :muah: :hug:
Does that make sense?!? :wink:

P.S.: Don’t forget my vet, he’s DA BOMB!!! On 249, for all your Tomball yarners! Dr. Randy Jones, 249 Animal Clinic (281) 370-5891. I can tell you stories! He’s awesome!

ABSOLUTELY! :wink:

Hey, I just noticed this thread! It looks like most of you are in North Houston, but if anyone wants to come to central Houston there’s a SnB that meets every Thursday night at 7:00 at Cafe Express on West Gray. I’m there nearly every week!

There are also some other group locations you can check out here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HipKnitHouston/

Mer! :waving: I was hoping you’d see this!

I’m more southeast, but Central is closer to me than North. I’ll have to check out that meeting.

I’m a member of the Yahoo group, but I keep forgetting to go look at the event listing! :oops: Well, that, and things have been really hectic. :wink:

Yeah, you should come! It’s always fun. :slight_smile:

I just noticed this thread, yay! It seems as though lots of you are from North Houston-ish, and I’m from Sugar Land. Yeah 'burbs! I’m wondering if anyone knows of any yarn shops (besides Michael’s and Joann’s and Hancock Fabrics, which is going out of business and all their yarn is 40% off!!) near that area.

I’m still at school in New Orleans until after graduation in May, so I can’t get to anyplace in the Houston area until after that. I checked out Yarntopia online, and I’m planning a trip out there once I get home.

Hope to hear from some of you awesome Houston Knitters soon!

:waving: Hi! My brother lives in Sugarland, so I go over there quite a bit. I’ve been wondering about yarn shops in that area, too.

Yarntopia is really nice and Sheryl and Amy are very sweet! :heart:

Sugarland…way too far for me. I’m on the other side of the Woodlands.

BUT I would love to know what LYSs are around town, I can make a list and hit them if I’m out that way :wink:

Looks like everyone got busy (including me)! Hope we can plan something soon. That would be cool.

I live in an area outside of Downtown Houston - I have been wanting to find a good yarn store also. I don’t know my way around the area yet though :pout:

Howdy! Welcome to the Houston, TX knitters post :smiley:

Good luck finding a good LYS. I like mine (I-45 @ 1960), they are really nice there, and lots of books too!

Hi! I live in Katy and my LYS is Yarntopia! I love going there!!

I would love to go to a SnB, I am gonna check that group out!! Wish there were one close to me!

OOOOH there is one close to me!!! Im gonna email em!! YAY

[color=darkblue]Hi everyone. I live north of The Woodlands also a little ways down 242.

Twisted Yarns is a fabulous store and the people there are really nice. I’d love to go to Yarntopia I’ve heard about it but haven’t had the chance to trek to Katy.

A knitting club would be a fantastic idea…please keep me in mind if it comes to light.

LeAnn[/color]

[COLOR=darkblue]Hi everyone. I live north of The Woodlands also a little ways down 242.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Twisted Yarns is a fabulous store and the people there are really nice. I’d love to go to Yarntopia I’ve heard about it but haven’t had the chance to trek to Katy.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]A knitting club would be a fantastic idea…please keep me in mind if it comes to light.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]LeAnn[/COLOR]

I just started knitting a few months ago. I live close to the Woodlands. I haven’t been to the LYS in by Old Town Spring, but I took my one lesson at The Hen House off Louetta. It is in the same strip center as Stracks. I keep meaning to go to the one in Old Town Spring, but I just haven’t made it yet. I would love to get together with other knitters in my area.