Hooded scarf

Cast on 26sts with the first skein of yarn,slide those down the needle.Now take your 2nd skein of yarn and cast on ANOTHER 26sts.
You will have 2 sets of cast ons ,one is the left side of the scarf and the other is for the right side.When you complete the first row of knitting move to the next set of stitches(second skein) and repeat the first row again.You will do this for each row on each side.

We can now start knitting
Row 1-K1,P3,K3,P3,K6,P3,K3,P3.K1
Row 2-P1,K3,P3,K3,P6,K3,P3,K3.P1
Row 3-Repeat row 1
Row 4-Repaet row 2
Row 5-Repeat row 1
Row 6-Repeat row 2
Row 7-Now this is the cable row - LEFT side—K1,P3,K3,P3–CABLE(Slip 3 sts to cable needle, hold in FRONT of your work then Knit the next 3 stitches,then Knit the 3 sts on the cable needle)-P3,K3,P3,K1
For the RIGHT side-K1,P3,K3,P3-( Slip 3 sts to cable needle hold in BACK of your work, then Knit 3sts then knit the 3 sts on the cable needle) P3,K3,P3,K1
Row 8-Repeat row 2

Continue rows 1-8 until you have the length you want.Pattern calls for 21 inches.
The pattern says to end on Row 1.So knit row 1 then follow the rest of the pattern directions.

I redid the the first part of the pattern for you all. :eyes:

Yay, thanks for your clarification momywolf. It totally makes sense now, but you see I have a 1lb big ball of yarn, so I’m probably going to need to somehow make it into smaller skeins.

Thanks again. Can’t wait to start this project!