Hole in sweater

I’M KNITTING A SWEATER FOR GRANDDAUGHTER AND NOTICED A HOLE AFTER DOING SEVERAL ROWS. I DON’T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT, CAN ANYONE HELP? THANK YOU.

MARY

You’re still in the process of knitting the sweater and the hole is several rows back? Did you drop a stitch or what? There is a section under “Tips” in the video section up at the purple bar above that has some things about fixing mistakes. If the stitch is simple and you dropped a stitch or two you can pick it up. If you can’t do that you can tink or rip back to where there are no mistakes and then continue on.

i was making a blanket, and noticed a small hole a few rows back. i had stopped working in the middle of a row, and when i started back, uh-oh, was going in the wrong direction! Could this be what happened? If so, and the hole is really noticeable, you’ll have to either tink back to it, or use the dreaded frog (rip-it, rip-it)technique. Hope you figure it out. linknit41

THANK YOU!! I THINK I STOPPED IN MIDDLE OF ROW AND I KNOW BETTER. I TRY TO ALWAYS FINISH THE ROW. I WILL TINK WITH IT AS I WOULD HAVE TO RIP IT TO FAR BACK. BUT, THANKS FOR THE HELP.
MARY

:aww: Y’all, I was just about to ask what “tink” meant. But, then I think I figured it out. Does it mean “knit backwards”? :teehee:

I know how to knit, and purl, but not quite up on the technological parts of it.

Thanks! :wink: