Hideous?

I ordered 3 colors of Gigante just to sample.
I didn’t realize it was so thick and thin, I thought it would be mostly thick.

Anyway I knitted up a bit and my husband exclaimed that the yarn was “hideous!”

Who agrees?

Well I don’t know it does look a bit odd. When they say thick AND thin they weren’t kidding!!

I think it might make a nice warm snuggly scarf, it looks soft and warm.

It is odd but kinda funky, too! Yep, I kinda like it! Was it hard to knit with???

I like it. I think it would make a fun/funky sweater. I like the color too.

I’ve knit with yarn like this before. Just on a hat and scarf for a gift. I loved it and so did the recipient. I find it funky myself :thumbsup:
It’s freaky how the stitches on the needle look:shock::teehee:

Eh, what does he know. It’s YARN!! :rofl:

I made a scarf with yarn that was like this and I love it. Your colors are fantastic, too.

It looks soft and snuggly… definitely has scarf written all over it in my world… I’d snuggle it and love it and call it Poofy :smiley:

I like it, too. Men who don’t knit! What do they know anyway…

I LOVE LOVE LOVE slubby yarn. Its my favorite! I’m drawn to the texture it gives.

I think it’s cool too. The colors are very nice. Just find the right project and you’re in business.

It is different, but I think it’s neat! It’ll give whatever you make a nice texture. I think a simple stitch would be perfect for this like your sample.

No not hideous. Cool! I did a ‘My so called Scarf’ in yarn like that (as gift). It looked great and quite different.

My thoughts exactly! I did My So Called Scarf in Manos del Uruguay, which is the same type of yarn. I looks fabulous. I think it’s a keeper. Love the colors, too.

I knit a felted booga bag (in forum titled FO: first felted item) with wool similar. It looked funny, too, though not as funny as yours.:wink: But after felting, it was really beautifully textured. Maybe you could felt something out of it? I do love the colors!

I love it! I think it’s wonderful to get such different looks from the same ball of yarn!

(most) Men don’t know anything about yarn!
I think that is really pretty!!

I think it’s pretty…and looks like it would be nice and warm…:happydance:

I appreciate everyone’s comments and suggestions.

I looked at it and thought, “It’s a lovely color, but there is something about it that brings to mind “deformity”, because there is so much asymmetry.” But after a while, I couldn’t help thinking of a jellyfish every time I saw the yarn. When you see jellyfish in a tank in an aquarium, they really are quite beautiful (like in Finding Nemo!) But there is another side of them that repels you.

So I’m calling this my jellyfish yarn, and I’m mulling over some kind of jellyfish-inspired project.

The new knitty has a hat pattern called Urchin that uses thick and thin yarn…

I looked at it and thought, “It’s a lovely color, but there is something about it that brings to mind “deformity”, because there is so much asymmetry.” But after a while, I couldn’t help thinking of a jellyfish every time I saw the yarn. When you see jellyfish in a tank in an aquarium, they really are quite beautiful (like in Finding Nemo!) But there is another side of them that repels you.

So I’m calling this my jellyfish yarn, and I’m mulling over some kind of jellyfish-inspired project.

There are all kinds of ways to look at things, and this sounds like a good way to look at this. :chair:

You’ll find the perfect project. :thumbsup: