Hi Again & Brainstorming Ideas Needed

I apologize for being MIA for the last month. I have completed the move from Florida to Tucson and now find myself crippled on dial-up. This should soon be recified though. :cheering::cheering: In the time I would have spent surfing, I have been knitting and have completed two more booga bags. However, I am trying to think of something durable to put in the bottom of these bags to give them stability when they contain items.

I thought of cardboard, but it seems to bend easily. Anything I pick I will, of course, cover in fabric. I’m all out of ideas though.

Help, please!:shrug:

Thanks,

SBP

what about that plastic mesh stuff? i can’t remember what it’s actually called. it seems to be pretty sturdy, and you could probably find some with smaller holes so it’s more solid.

It’s called plastic canvas.I’m gonna try some in my Booga bags
Here is what it looks like

That’s actually not a bad idea. I have never even thought of that stuff. Maybe if I double up on a couple of pieces and then sew some fabric around it. Excellent!

Thanks guys! :muah:

Not that its going to help these bags but how about doubling up on the yarn for the bottom ie. knitting with two strands at once?

You could also use some 1/8" MDF or maybe some balsa wood – like is used for model gliders/planes. Or, if you’re feeling REALLY crafty, you could do some paper mache to the thickness and hardness you want.

Just around my house, I’d be able to find a plastic lid, a painted metal dinner plate from my little girl’s play kitchen set, an old vinyl record album, a CD if you need something small, a ridid woven straw hot pad from the kitchen (for setting hot pans on)…

Confession: I’m not really sure what a booga bag is!

Also: my condolences on having to put up with a dial-up internet connection. I live in two places, and one of them is out in the country with nothing but dial-up available. It’s so bad, that I really can’t do much more than some email and looking at the front page of the NY Times. IT ABSOLUTELY DRIVES ME NUTS. Usually I just have to wait until I get back to my city house to do anything interesting.