Hheelpp!

i am a new knitter and ive been trying to knit an infinity scarf. im using size 13 circle needles and a medium yarn. when i cast on everything is fine, but when i join the threads together and put a placemarker and i try to start knitting the yarn gets so tight after i knit that it wont slide on the needles and i cant go past the 3rd knit. i also tried to make my cast ons really loose but i get the same results. is it my yarn? or needles? or am i just not doing something right?

How many stitches did you cast on and how long is the needle and cable? You measure from tip to tip.

when knitting in the round I now use a size smaller to cast on then I switch to the proper size to knit the first row. This has helped me so much.

Did you see my answer to your other post in this thread?

i casted on 120 stitches and it is 29 inches

Okay, that’s not too bad, it might just be tight for the first few rounds. Do what I suggested - pull out the cord about 2/3 of the way around and knit to the loop, then do that again. Keep doing it a couplethree rounds and then the sts should fit around without the loop.

eta - Hmmm, I forgot you’re using size 13s, so you should have about 3 or 4 sts per inch and they should fit around. Is the problem that the sts don’t fit around the needle, or that they’re too tight ON the needle? If they’re too tight on the needle tips, you may be pulling the yarn too tight. Which cast on did you use, that sometimes makes a difference.