Hey, Mod Squad... Can we....?

Have a forum for discussing the design process?

I never use a pattern, preferring to design “on the needles.” It might be fun to open a discussion among those who enjoy the design process.

It’s a good thought, but we are trying to keep the forum less confusing and easier to navigate than a few of the other forums.

I will discuss it with the others and the admin though and see what they say.

okay, thank you.

What a good idea, to share what we’ve learned and what might be helpful in the future. 2 things come to mind…1, I found out too late that I couldn’t submit my pattern to Knitty because it had already been shared on Ravelry & test knitted…2, I’ve heard of pattern technical editors but don’t know how useful and worth the cost, or what exactly they do for you.

Makes me think of the times I tried to design lace…

I’ve heard of pattern technical editors but don’t know how useful and worth the cost, or what exactly they do for you.

I have an unofficial one for my test knit right now and I can tell you that he is invaluable!!

We’ve decided that there isn’t enough interest to warrant it’s own forum, but Pattern Central has the description updated now to include pattern design. :thumbsup: