Help

I forgot what row I was on. I’m in stockinette. I know to count the v’s, but which direction? Left hand or right? and where to stop?

I know to count the v’s, but which direction? Left hand or right? and where to stop?

Not sure what you mean.

-vvvvvvvvvv—>
[COLOR=“White”]u[/COLOR]vvvvvvvvvv

Above would be 4 rows. Knitting the next row, off the left ndl, would give you 5.

do I count as I am holding the needle in my left hand, ready to start another row, or in my right, as if I’ve just finished?

The arrow at the top of cam90066’s diagram would be the needle. So hold the needle in your left hand and count the v’s. In cam’s diagram there are 4 rows of v’s and she is about to start her 5th row.

(BTW - sorry for calling you a she if you’re really a he cam :slight_smile: You never know)

Thank you both. I think I get it now. I am fairly new to knitting. I taught myself crochet, and a friend taught me how to cast on and knit, but I’m still struggling.:slight_smile:

sorry for calling you a she if you’re really a he cam

No worries, evona. ‘She’ is correct. :slight_smile:

Welcome to our world :cheering: I taught myself to knit too, but being as I work full time and had 2 kids (one’s off on her own as of 2 months ago and the second is now a senior in high school) I haven’t had a chance to knit as much as I would like so I still have a ton of learning to do myself :slight_smile: I haven’t tried crochet yet, but its becoming more and more obvious to me that I will one day have to learn at least the basics so I can do a crochet border or something :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: