Help!!!

1St time crocheting… Making a blanket and starting to notice that the side seem to be angling inward… Hard to explain … How do I fix

> strong text

Well, I’m not much of a crocheter, but I think maybe you’re decreasing somehow. Do you have the same number of stitches you started with?

I’m making African flowers right now and it’s newish to me, too.

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
It’s pretty common when you start crocheting for this to happen, either decreasing sts or increasing sts.
Here are two videos that may help with keeping count of sts and keeping even edges.

If you haven’t decreased too many sts you could try gradually increasing and then add a border on the edges when you finish. You might be happier however ripping back to where the decreases start and re-doing the rows.

This is my solution. My first crocheted throw is shield shaped. I saw I was increasing so intentionally decreased an equal amount to even it up.

2 Likes

Ok lol. The stitch I am using is a half double crochet according to the youtube video. It said to chain two and the work into the second hole. Is that why its getting smaller? I should be chaining three and work the second hole. Or can i chain two and work the first hole… I will probably rip it out to where the decrease starts

Ok lol. The stitch I am using is a half double crochet according to the youtube video. It said to chain two and the work into the second hole. Is that why its getting smaller? I should be chaining three and work the second hole. Or can i chain two and work the first hole… I will probably rip it out to where the decrease starts

Seems I ch2 for HDC (been a while since I’ve crocheted). I’d guess you’re not going all the way to the end to decrease. I was going down the chain to increase. I never could read the ends hence the marker solution.

Have you counted to be sure you’re decreasing and it’s not tension? You could be decreasing in the row but it seems pretty consistent for that.

1 Like

Turns out I wasnt going all the way to the end. Thank You for the help😀

1 Like

Looks perfect now. Well done!

1 Like

Finally finished!! Thanks again for you help :grinning:

2 Likes

Oh, wow, did that blanket ever turn out well! Lovely work. What yarn did you use?