Help with translation from French to English

I have translated most of a pattern for a jacket with a double moss stitch but am stuck on these directions for the front:
Tricoter en point de ble (voir point employe) en commencant le 1er rang par 1 maille lisiere et 1,2
l maille endroit - 3,4,5 1 maille envers.

If anyone could help, I’d really appreciate it. I was not able to put in the accents on some of the letters. I’ve finished the back but can’t figure out what to do on the front.

Hi:

You can use Google Translate for things like this. It works great most of the time. Here is your translation:

Knit as a stitch (see dot used), starting on the first row with 1 stitch and 1,2
l mesh place - 3,4,5 1 back stitch.

Does that help?

Thank you. I had tried google translate and came up with the same as you but unfortunately this doesn’t make knitting sense to me.

See if this works based on high school French:
Knit in wheat stitch (see stitches used) beginning the first row with an edge stitch and 1,2 knit stitches - 3,4,5 purl stitches.
Maybe the 1,2 knits and 3,4,5 purls refer to different sizes of the jacket?

It would be interesting to have the name of the pattern or a link, please.

If Salmonmac’s doesn’t work, let me ask a friend of mine who is French.

Oh hartleystudio, by all means ask a friend who is a native speaker.

Thank you both. Here is a link to the pattern:

She says it doesn’t translate directly so she is going to check her knitting patterns when she gets home to be more precise. I’ll let you know what she says. :slight_smile:

Here is her answer:

point de blé : wheat stitch
I don’t understand what they mean by : 1 maille lisière… i’m so sorry! 1 maille endoit = knit / 1 maille envers = purl… I hope it can help her… I don’t know a lot about knitting and all I did was in english

So, not as helpful as I thought. It’s possible that this is a pattern with errors???

Gorgeous jacket! Sounds like the 1,2 one knit and 3,4,5 one purl are indeed size designations. Each size in the pattern is assigned a number 1-5.

Thanks Hartley and your French-speaking friend.

Thanks to all of you! That makes better sense to me now.
FYI - 1 maille lisière is a selvedge or edge stitch.