• On RS, using circular needle, pick up CO edge stitches - 90 [114, 114, 114, 117, 126] stitches.
• Row 1: K1, P1 (end K1 if necessary).
• Row 1: K 19 [25, 25, 25, 28, 32], K2tog, PM, SSK, K 14 [20, 20, 20, 20, 20], K2tog, PM, SSK,
K26 [32, 32, 32, 32, 37], K2tog, PM, SSK, K 14 [20, 20, 20, 20, 20], K2tog, PM, K3.
• Row 3: repeat Row 1.
• Row 4: K to 2 sts before marker, K2tog, SM, SSK 3 times, K to 2 sts before marker, K2tog,
SM, end K2.
• Repeat Rows 3 & 4 until collar measures 1"
Here are your directions for the collar. I see your question. You’re right from all I can tell. You pick up on the right side, the next row, K1, P1 would be the WS then the next row would be a right side and it is telling you to do knits with decreases on that row.
The Mistake Rib said RS K1, P1; WS Purl. According to the MR pattern you should do the ribs on the RS and Purls on the WS. And this is saying K1, P1 on the WS and Knit on the right side. Something seems screwy here.
I also notice Row 3 says repeat row 1. Which row 1 do they have in mind since they have 2 of them? I think it would be the first one, but still it is not written very well.
No matter how you slice it these directions do not have K1, P1 on the RS and P across on the WS. So maybe you don’t do the mistake rib on the collar. You could try just doing what it says and see how it turns out.
Hey, I got the idea that maybe mistake rib would work with Knit or purl on the second row and that is the case. So when you do what it says it should look like mistake rib. But with the purl the right side is on one side and with the knit it is on the other so the pattern should work just right the way it is written. LOL