Help with sock problems

I’m knitting this sock with Lion Brand Wool Ease (worsted) and size 7 needles (DPNs). CO 40, divide 14/12/14, k2p2 pattern other than the first row which I just knitted because it was a little easier for me when starting.

My problem/question is what is going on at a couple of the connection rows? It doesn’t appear as a knit as it should, almost looks twisted or something… At these two connection points the last stitches are P and the stitch on the new needle is K. At the third connection point it’s just the opposite and it looks fine. Can anyone tell what it is I’m doing wrong? I’m not going to rip this one out especially since I haven’t a clue what the problem is, but would like to know so I don’t do it on the other sock.

The photos are different colors because of the different angle of the camera and slightly different settings. The third one is a goof I made on just one needle…I knitted into the purl rows and purled into the knitted rows I guess. I decided it’s my signature for this pair of socks. :lol:

With the exception of your lovely signiture :wink: I think your ribbing looks fine.

So how about this: are you giving the yarn a little tug at the end of a row, just before you start another row?

my socks are doing the same thing, but I think it’s just a weak point at each join. The knitted stitches are just looser for some reason. I even tug mine and they still come out wonky looking. I hear it can even out when you block them. But alas, I’m working on my first pair of socks too :slight_smile: Next time I’m going to try cuff down socks.

If anyone does have any tips on how to avoid this tho, I’d LOVE to know!

BTW, my socks are being knit with light worsted yarn.

my socks are doing the same thing, but I think it’s just a weak point at each join. The knitted stitches are just looser for some reason. I even tug mine and they still come out wonky looking.

I’ve tightened them so much I’m surprised the yarn doesn’t break, but it makes no difference. In looking at them more I guess I have to agree, but I just don’t know how to tighten anymore than I am.

I think when you get past the ribbing part, it will be less obvious. Mine always ends up a little bit like that, but by the time the ribbing is done, you’d really have to stretch it apart and look to find it.
Keep going! :thumbsup:

Actually, now all I have to do is work on the ribbing of my socks and I haven’t tugged at all, and now there’s barely a difference between the other stitches. They are still a little bigger there, but not as much. I have a feeling that tugging makes the previous row’s loop come up and stretches it.