Help with shaping

I’m working on sleeves (worked from bottom to top) and I can’t figure out what to do.

The instructions read, “Cast off 8 sts loosely at beg of next 2 rows. Dec 1 st at each end of every right-side row until 51 sts remain, then on every row until 45 sts remain.”

I actually understand what I’m to do; I just don’t understand how I’m to do it. Can anyone please help? And, just for grins and giggles, pretend I’m really slow and use little words. <sigh…:oops: >

Casting off is the same as binding off. If you go to the view videos tab at the top of page you will see different techniques listed. Click on cast off and it will take you to a video link on how to cast off. You will cast off your 8 stitches, knit to end of row, turn work and cast off 8 stitches, knit to end of row. The next row should be your right side row-public side, and do a decrease at beginning of row, usually a ssk (slip stitch knitwise twice and then knit them together), knit across row until last 3 stitches and knit 2 together and then knit last stitch.

Thank you so very much for your help! Off to finally finish this sleeve…