Help with Rowan pattern

I’m working on a pattern with 3 pattern panel inserts. The pattern is worked in the round. All stitches except inserts are purls.
The pattern is:
P24, sl 1, k1, psso, yfwd, (k1, p2) 4 times, k1, yfwd, k2tog*, yfwd, k1, yfwd, rep from * 4 times more.

When I start the panel do I keep my yarn in front, slip the stitch then knit 1, creating another stitch?

Welcome to KH. Yes, keep the yarn to the front of the work when you sl 1. Yarn overs done this way a little tighter. It looks like the decreases and yarn overs balance to maintain your stitch count.

Welcome to the forum!
When you start the panel you won’t have the yarn in front but when you do the repeats, there will be a yfwd left from the end of repeat #1.
P24, sl 1, k1, psso, yfwd, (k1, p2) 4 times, k1, yfwd, k2tog*, yfwd, k1, yfwd, rep from * 4 times more.
By my count there are 4 yfwds to make 4 new sts and only 2 decreases, so each repeat, at least as written, will increase 2sts.

Agreed.
Slinks away looking for reading lessons. :aww:

Not at all. Thanks and many good points for setting Okotoks on the right path.

I’m so glad that different sets of eyes look at these problems. I am really glad you caught my mistake.