Help with rib pattern!

Hi all!

I made a very successful cardigan and have now started a jumper for my boyfriend and I’m already stuck on about row!!!

At the beginning I was told to cast on 90 [102:110:122:130:142] sts. And due to the size I’m making I cast on 110.

The instructions I’m stuck on say the following…

Next row. Rib 2 [5:9:8:6:4], inc in next st, (rib 4 [5:5:7:8:11], inc in next st) 17 [15:15:13:13:11] times, rib 2 [6:10:9:6:5].
108 [118:126:136:144:145] sts.

i understand that I should be increasing my stitches and finish with 126 on the needle. I’m just a bit confused by all the numbers and where I should be increasing etc! I would be very grateful for any guidance! I’m sure this is a simple thing for some of you here, I’m just starting out! :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance!
Katie x

Salmonmac is better at sweaters than I, but if you could give us the pattern name and post a link it would help a lot.

Thanks, Jan. Yes, a pattern link is always helpful.
No matter how much experience you have, it’s always good to circle the numbers for your size in a pattern.
For your size it would mean:
Next row. Rib 9 inc in next st, (rib 5 inc in next st) 15times, rib 10
126sts total

Your pattern may tell you how to do the increase in a stitch, sometimes a knit front and back (kfb) is recommended.

This is a way of distributing the increases approximately evenly over the row. Usually you needn’t be too concerned about getting it exactly right.

Ah, thanks, I hadn’t realised that would help!

This is the link to the pattern I’ve bought: http://www.modernknitting.co.uk/sweater-and-tunic-hayfield-7061-c2x13352213

Is that what you needed?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Perfect! Very nice looking and fun to knit.