Help with reversing!

Hi! I am knitting a baby sweater…for the left front, the pattern reads “Complete as for Right Front, reversing neck and armhole shapings” Does this mean where it says decrease for the right front, I increase for the left front…I don’t understand!!! the Pattern says

Right Front
Shape Neck-Next row (RS):K1, K2togtbl, Knit to end- 46 sts.[Dec 1 st at neck edge in this manner every 4 rows] 5 times-41 sts. Dec 1 st at neck edge every second row until piece measures 7" from beg, ending with a RS row
Shape Armhole-Next Row (WS):Bind off 5 sts at beg of row. Knit to end.

Continue neck shaping as established until 13 sts rem. Work even in Garter st until Front length measures same as Back. ending with a WS row. Bind off.

Left Front:
Shape Neck-Next Row (RS) Knit to last 3 sts, K2tog, K1.
Complete as for Right Front, reversing neck and armhole shapings.

I understand everything until the “reversing neck and armhole shapings.”

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

They really are just saying to put your neck and armhole shapings on the edges opposite of what they were on the right side.

For the right side, you started with the decrease at the beginning of the row for the neck.

On the left side you’re ending with the decrease for the neck shaping.

When you do the armhole shaping, bind off the first 5 stitches at the edge opposite your neck shaping.

Reversing your shaping is a common term. It simply means to turn the directions around so you’re making a mirror image of what you’ve already done. Here’s how I would work these left side instructions as I see them:

LEFT SIDE: Shape Neck-Next Row (RS) Knit to last 3 sts, K2tog, K1 (this is your neck edge). [Dec 1 st at neck edge in this manner every 4 rows] 5 times-41 sts. Dec 1 st at neck edge every second row until piece measures 7" from beg, ending with RS row.
Shape Armhole-Next Row (RS):Bind off 5 sts at beg of row. Knit to end.

Continue neck shaping as established until 13 sts rem. Work even in Garter st until Front length measures same as Back. ending with a RS row. Bind off.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Thank you so much…I think I get it! Would it hurt them to write it out like you did for me!!! Now I understand! I have 9 days before I meet my friend’s baby in France, and I think he’ll have his sweater now!! Thanks again!!

They don’t write it out because of space. And they may also figure you understand what they mean.