Help with reversing shaping

I’m working on a sweater for my daughter, and the pattern gives instructions for the left front, then wants me to reverse all shaping for the right front.

The LEFT FRONT instructions have me working in St st with decreases at the beginning of RS rows every 1.5 inches and ending on the wrong side. Then it says:

Shape armhole: Bind off 2 sts at beg of next row. Work one row even.

Dsc Row (RS): K2, KSP, k to end. Rep this decrease every RS row 5 times more. Work even until armhold measures 4 inches, end on RS.

Shape neck: Next row (WS): Bind off 4 sts, p to end. Bind off 3 sts at neck edge once, 2 sts once, then dec 1 st at neck edge once. When armhold measures 6 inches, end on WS. Bind off all sts for shoulder.

To reverse this, they instruct only: Work armhole decs as SSK, k2.

So, here’s what I think I need to do – but PLEASE don’t hesitate to correct me.

Work in St st and decrease at the end of RS rows every 1.5 inches, end on RS.

Shape armhole: Bind off 2 sts at beg of next row (ie, WS row). Work two rows even.

Dsc Row (RS): k to last 4 sts, SSK, k2. Rep this decrease every RS row 5 times more. Work even until armhole measures 4 inches, end on WS.

Shape neck: Next row (RS): Bind off 4 sts, k to end. Bind off 3 sts at neck edge once, 2 sts once, then dec 1 st at neck edge once. When armhole measures 6 inches, end on WS. Bind off all sts for shoulder.

I just can’t picture it in my head, and I get REALLY confused when I try to draw it out. Anyone?

Thanks!

Sounds right to me! It’ll become much clearer as you do it, since you’ll have the neck edge and armhole edge right there in front of you.

thanks for the confirmation. :slight_smile: reassures me.