Help with Raglan front cardi

I’m knitting a men’s cardigan and trying to shape the front right section . I’ve started the section for “shape raglan armhole” and am confused at the final section . It says :

next row: K2, K2 tog, K to last 5 sts, sl 1, K1, psso, K3 (this I’ve done and understand… the rest I’m stumbed)

cont to dec for raglans as set, on 7 foll 6th rows at neck edge and at the same time, on 2 foll alt rows, and then 11 foll 4th rows at armhole edge, ending with a P row . 24 sts . Cast off .

It works out that in total I decrease 20 sts which I understand as 7 , 2, and 11 total 20 , but for the life of me can’t understand the part that says at same time on 2 foll alt rows .

Can someone explain and let me know how many rows in total I have to knit for this ?

Welcome to kH!
“cont to dec for raglans as set, on 7 foll 6th rows at neck edge
and at the same time, on 2 foll alt rows, and then 11 foll 4th rows at armhole edge,”

So I’m assuming the first line above refers to the neck edge and the second to the armhole edge.
If you call the earlier dec row which set the decreases row 1 then you would dec at the neck edge on rows 7,13,19,25,31,37 and 43.
For the decreases at the armhole edge dec on rows 3 and 5 then rows 9,13,17,21,25,29,33,37,41, 45and 49.

Thanks so much ! I’ll have a go with that . I just thought that there wouldn’t or shouldn’t be that many rows and I guess that’s why I couldn’t understand it fully .

Sorry it’s taken me awhile to respond back . I’m attempting to do the instructions as you’ve given , but it looks like I’ll have an extra 2 stitches at the end . Do you know if you’ve incorporated the part that says " at the same time on 2 foll alt rows" ?

fyi , after I finished the row decreasing on both ends ., I end up with 44 sts , and before cast off should have 24 sts .

“…dec at the neck edge on rows 7,13,19,25,31,37 and 43 .
For the decreases at the armhole edge dec on rows 3 and 5 then rows 9,13,17,21,25,29,33,37,41, 45and 49.”

There are 7 dec rows for the neck. At the armhole edge there are 2 dec rows (the alternate rows bolded above) and 11 additional dec rows. That’s a total of 20 dec rows plus the set up row so 21 dec rows total or 42sts decreased.

How many sts do you have before the set up decrease row? What is the name of the pattern?

Sorry for my late reply . The pattern is in a book called “Elle Knits” on page 68 called Classic Cardigan . Thanks for all your help , I understand better now what to do .