Help with pattern

I am trying to knit a dishcloth in a ripple stitch but having a hard time with number of stitches matching… its a ripples pattern (multiple of 11 sts +6) I know the 6 is 1st 3 and last 3…I casted on 50 sts…that leaves 44 for pattern

ripple pattern

row 6: sl 1 k2 *k2tog, k2 M1, k3, M1, k2, ssk, rep from * to last 3 sts, end k3…

when I get to the end I don’t have enough to work last set of pattern, to many sts left on needle…If I don’t do the ssk, then I would have enough to do the pattern 4 times per row…but if I do the ssk, it don’t work out…could someone please help me with… I have been knitting for a long time and understand multiple sts for patterns, but this one has got me stumped…

The pattern adds up correctly. There’re 11sts required for the sts between the asterisks if you don’t use up a st doing the M1. You could lift the bar between sts and knit into the back loop of the bar so that you don’t get a hole. Or if you do a knit front and back, count the knit into the front as the increase and count the knit into the back as the next knit st.

if u don’t add the ssk, then it adds up…but I have 44 sts to work the pattern…it u add the ssk that gives me a 13 sts to work pattern…not 11…so the k2tog, k2 M1, k3, M1, k2, = 11 sts…but if u add ssk that is 13 and 13 x 4 does not = 44 sts to work pattern

Don’t leave out the ssk.
The M1 doesn’t use a stitch. The k2tog uses 2 sts, +k2 +k3 +k2 +2 more sts for the ssk= 11sts. Don’t use a stitch for the M1. That’s what I was getting at in the previous post. Do an increase like the lifted bar increase where you pick up the bar [I]between[/I] sts and knit into the back of the loop (see the video on the Increases section of the Free Videos at the top of the page.

For the m1s don’t use kfb, that’ll use up 2 sts. You can do a backward loop around the needle or the lifted stitch described in the post above.

thank u that makes more since…I did go to the Glossary and looked at the M1 to make sure I was doing it right, but it said unless stated it was and inc…what u r telling me makes more since…thank u again…

A m1 is always an increase, can’t think where it wouldn’t be…

Oh, what it says is if the [B]pattern [/B]doesn’t specify which increase to use, you can use it. Though sometimes the patterns can be written poorly; they may say ‘make 1’ to increase, but really mean to do a kfb, not a m1 increase. Sometimes you have to figure it out by how many sts you start with and how many you’re supposed to end up with.