Help with pattern

I am knitting the Asherton Reversible Scarf by S.M. Kahn (Smariek Knits). I am having difficulty with the pattern. Has anyone else knitted this pattern? Rows 1 thru 10 at the beginning of the pattern are simple but then 11 thru 14 make a ribbing in the middle of the scarf. Is the pattern wrong or am I not seeing something obvious. Please help. I looked at the picture of the scarf and there is no garter row visible. Should I just eliminate those 4 rows?

Thanks

Hello!!

Have u actually been knitting the pattern or just reading thru it?? Because i think if you knit it, you will see that those 4 rows are the start of the diamonds that are formed in between the parallelograms!!

Try it out and see. Please don’t eliminate any of the rows, since they all form the beautiful design!!

Knitcindy

1 Like

Cindy, not sure you received the answer to your question. Yes, I am working the pattern and when i get to rows 12 thru 14 I get a garter rows in the middle of the scarf. The picture of the scarf does not show these garter stitches. How to I send a picture of my work?

I’m at work right now. When I get home I will try to knit this pattern and see what happens!!!

In the mean time, @salmonmac . Can u help with the how to post a picture problem?? Thanks

Knitcindy

Thanks for working on this, knitcindy.
To post a photo, click on the landscape icon in the center top of the Reply box. Follow the directions and upload a photo.

1 Like

Ok it’s me again!! I just finished knitting rows 1-14 and my work looks like the picture. Garter stitch means knitting every stitch on every row. Is that what you’re doing for Rows 11-14??

Don’t forget that Row 12 is a repeat of Row 11. And Row 14 is a repeat of Row 13. Essentially you will be doing this:
Row 11
Row 11
Row 13
Row 13

Check and make sure you are starting Rows 11 AND 12 with a Purl st. And that you are starting Rows 13 AND 14 with a Knit st. (After the initial K2). See if that helps. That’s the only thing I can come up with!!

Let me know if that works!!!
Knitcindy

2 Likes

Cindy, I finally saw what my problem is. I was thinking that I was supposed to P1, then K across to the last two stitches instead of P1,K1 across to the last two stitches. Dumb me. I’ve been knitting for a while now so I can’t believe I made that mistake. Thanks for all your help.

Darlene

1 Like

Easy enough of a mistake to make, esp when the pattern writers don’t spell it out clearly for you!!

But I’m so glad u figured it out!! This will be such a pretty scarf when u get it done. So glad I could help!!

Happy knitting!!!
Knitcindy