Help with pattern

Help!! I’m stuck on the neck of my poncho. Not sure how much I can write down, as I know you have to be careful.
Basically,
1st row is p2(k2. P2)
2nd row is P to end. These 2 rows form the pattern.
Next 2 rows- pattern 20,wrap 1,turn,p to end.

Then… Pattern 6 rows across all stitches??
And… Repeat last 8 rows (20)times ??

Is that repeat the 2 rows that make the pattern or the 2 rows you wrap???

Thanks in advance
Jane

Which pattern are you doing? I think the repeat part includes the whole last 8 rows you did, not just the part that says “these two rows form pattern” although I can certainly see why that would confuse you.

1 Like

Honestly, it’s really confusing me. Thanks for your reply. The pattern is The Big Easy woman’s weekly poncho.

“Next 2 rows” are first 2 rows in the next section, then you do 6 rows of 2 x 2 rib.
Repeat these 8 rows another 20 times, so you do all 8 rows a total of 21 times.
The wrap/short rows count as 1 row each.
Hopefully this is correct - I had a sudden lightbulb moment reading the original post lol.

Thank you very much. I’ll give it a go. I suppose its all trial and error when you start knitting… Lol

1 Like

It can be confusing sometimes!

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-big-easy-6

I’m wondering if the “Pattern 6 rows across all sts” doesn’t refer to the “1st row is p2(k2. P2)
2nd row is P to end. These 2 rows form the pattern.” So it’s a kind of an interrupted rib.

1 Like

Hi thanks for the reply. Just wondering why patters are so difficult to understand… Its meant to be an easy pattern.