Help with pattern needed

I am knitting a baby sweater but am confused with the sleeve pattern. It says inc 1 st every 1(1-¾-¾)” 5(6-8-9) times, working incs in Rib Pat as sts become available – 37(41-45-49) sts.
I started off with 29 sts as I am knitting the 2nd size up and the pattern says I should have 41 sts after increases… but working 1 inc every 1" x 6 times = only 6 sts increased. Added to the 29 sts makes 35 total and not the 41 I am suppposed to end up with. I knitted one sleeve to those dimensions and the part that joins the body was not wide enough. Should I therefore increased by 2 stitches every 1" x 6 times instead to get the 41??
Here’s the link to the pattern and the sleeve knitting instructions.

berroco.com/patterns/bob

With smaller needles, cast on 27(29-29-31) sts. Work even in ribbing same as back for 1”, end on WS. Change to larger needles and work in Rib Pat, inc 1 st every 1(1-¾-¾)” 5(6-8-9) times, working incs in Rib Pat as sts become available – 37(41-45-49) sts. Work even until sleeve measures 7(8-9-10)” from beg, end on WS. Bind off.

I looked at the pattern and it seems to me there is a mistake. The sleeves should be increased by 2 sts each time, one on each end. That should give you the correct number of stitches.

ETA pattern link

I looked at comments on Ravelry and found this. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Apollonia/bob The problem is mentioned at the bottom of Notes. I find no errata.

Thank you for clarifying what I thought… that it was a mistake in the pattern. Wish I’d noticed it before I knitted the sleeve! Oh well, we all learn from our mistakes!

I bet it won’t happen again. Next time you’ll know it’s wrong. They should fix the pattern.