help with pattern lingo

Hello I am new to this site, but for the last 5 hours I have been scouring the internet to find some answers to a knitting pattern that is causing me some frustrations to say the least. I have checked the site that I downloaded it from and there are no updates.

can someone help me with the following terminology which is under armholes,
when work measures 40cm from beginning
on each edge, cast off: 2sts twice and 1st once, on foll 4th row, cast off 1st once

I have been knitting for years and thought I’d seen everything however this has confused me, I must also say that this jumper has several panels, eg, back, front, sides in case this makes a difference, Help! Please

Welcome!
Call the first dec row, row 1. Cast off 2sts at the beginning of rows 1, 2, 3 and 4. Cast off one stitch at the beg of rows 5 and 6. Cast off one stitch at the beg of rows 9 and 10.
What is the name of your pattern?

Thank you ever so much that makes sense much better than some of the part explanations on line that I found really appreciate your help I will now try that see how it works, my pattern is 10174450_Lou-Sweater-in-Phildar, will let you know how I get on and thanks again :slight_smile:

Very pretty! Enjoy working the sweater. We’d love to see a photo when you finish.

Will do and thanks again for your help