Help with pattern instruction

Hi everyone, I need a bit of help with my pattern. There’s an instruction that says k2, sl1 knitways, k1, psso, patt 17, turn

Does the patt 17 mean I need to continue this for 17 rows?
Thanks!

Pattern 17 means to work the next [I]17sts[/I] in the same pattern (cable sts, knits, purls, ribbing, whatever) that you have been using in the item you’re knitting.

Thanks very much for that, could’ve been disastrous. However I’m stuck on another one now!
There’s something that’s telling me to decrease one stitch at armhole edge in every foll alt row 10 times. At the same time, decrease one stitch at neck edge in every row 2 times, then in every foll alt row 6 times.

what do they mean by 10 times, 2 times and 6 times?
Thanks again!

10 times means to decrease every other row at the armhole until you’ve decreased 10 sts. So for example you would decrease on rows 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20. Decrease on every row 2 times means to decrease at the neck edge at the current row and also on the next row. Then the decrease at the neck edge on alternate rows (or every other row) 6 times. So for the neck decreases, you would decrease on row 1,2,4,6,8,10,12,14.