Help with pattern for my Mom

My Mom loves that I have started knitting and she decided to pick it back up too! Yea! We are having fun. Anyway, we are both stumped with these instructions for the shaping of the raglan sleeve:

http://www.berroco.com/199/199_loni.html

We got the part about working decs on rt side rows only. Does she do the beg row decs at the same time as the end of row decs? The pattern reads like you do all of the beg row decs first and then move on to the end of row decs? Can anyone clarify this? (I just see a weirdly shaped sleeve doing the beg only and then the end only.) Thank you in advance for all of your help!

Wow, that is a bit confusing! I think you’re doing the beginning of row and end of row decreases at approximately the same time, but not exactly on the same rows, if that makes sense. It might help to write out each row. You start out doing both beginning and end of row decreases ‘every other right side row’, but you switch to ‘every rs row’ sooner on the ends than on the beginnings. I would write out each row rather than trying to keep track of it in my head!

P.S. have fun knitting with your mom! The same thing just happened with my mom and I- she decided to pick it back up after watching me knitting recently. And I just taught my 6 yo daughter! :slight_smile:

I understand what you’re saying…do you think they would make it that complicated for a beginner pattern? Anyone else?

There will be more every other RS decs and less of every RS decs on the beg of the row to match the Back, and less every other RS decs and more of every RS decs on the end of the row to match those on the Front. But you do them on the same row. It may be a little confusing, but it makes the angles match.