Help with pattern directions

I am a fairly new knitter and I am having trouble understanding the directions on a pattern that I just purchased.

They read as follows:

Back: CO 54 its
After a few rows it says:

WE in st st for 23" ending with a RS R

I believe this means a right side row but have no idea what the WE means.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Linda

Hello
I can guess at WE meaning “work even” sometimes it’s worded something like “work in patt” or “work as set”. It just means work your pattern without any extra instruction such as decreases or increases. Basically just keep going until the work measures 23"
When is measures the correct length finish with a RS row (the front of the work) because the next instruction will be WS row (the back of the work).

Most patterns have some sort of key or list of abbreviations. Have a look near the beginning or perhaps at the end of your pattern to see if you can find one. The WE should be explained there really, although may not be.

Hope this helps.

Creations

February 21

Hello

I can guess at WE meaning “work even” sometimes it’s worded something like “work in patt” or “work as set”. It just means work your pattern without any extra instruction such as decreases or increases. Basically just keep going until the work measures 23"

When is measures the correct length finish with a RS row (the front of the work) because the next instruction will be WS row (the back of the work).

Most patterns have some sort of key or list of abbreviations. Have a look near the beginning or perhaps at the end of your pattern to see if you can find one. The WE should be explained there really, although may not be.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! That never occurred to me

Linda

1 Like

I did check on the pattern under the list of abbreviations and WE wasn’t there. I would be lost without all the help from you lovely people on this site.
Thanks again!
Linda

1 Like