Help with pattern - beginner

I am a new knitter and picked an “easy” neck warmer pattern that has a keyhole pull-through. I understand the instructions except these two lines:

Question #1
(WS) * K1, k2 tog, rep from * 4 times more, end K1-11 sets [I READ THAT WORKING ON THE WRONG SIDE MEANS YOU SHOULD PURL, SO I PURLED, DECREASING EVERY OTHER STITCH, ENDING WITH 11 ON MY NEEDLE. IS THAT CORRECT??]

Question #2
Next Row (RS): * k in front of next st k in back of same st and sl st to holder held in back, rep from * until all stitches have been worked -11 sets + 11 sets on holder for lining [DOES THIS MEAN THAT YOU WORK THE SAME STITCH TWICE BEFORE TRANSFERRING TO THE HOLDER?]

Sorry really confused! Thanks for your help!

What is the name of the pattern?

Working on the WS doesn’t necessarily mean purl. It depends on the pattern stitch and the pattern instructions. Your pattern clearly indicates knit stitches on the WS so that’s what you should do, knitting 2 together every other stitch and ending with 11stitches.

Yes, knit in front and in back of the same stitch until all sts have been worked.

Thank you so much for taking time to help! I am attaching both a picture of the scarf and the instructions -i’ve underlined in red the instructions that I am asking about.

The pattern says to work the first 4” in garter st, which is knitting on both sides. It looks like the “keyhole” part is done in a ribbing.
Hope this helps.

I’ve not used this pattern, but have done something similar. When you’re knitting into the front and the back of a stitch, I think they want you to keep the first one on the needle you’ve been using, and put the second one on the stitch holder. That way, when you complete the row, you’ll have 11 stitches on the holder and 11 on the needle you’ve been using.

Here’s the link for the one I made – done differently from the way yours is, but seeing something similar may help. (They have you put your stitches on a dp needle, rather than a stitch holder, which I thought was too awkward; I used a stitch holder.)