Help with Patons instructions for Mock Cable Cardigan

Hi,
I hope someone can help me out :slight_smile:

I have “Patons book 1271 Dreamtime 4 ply” and am currently trying to knit cardigan style 7 on page 33 ( Mock Cable Cardigan).

I need help with this paragraph of instructions;

NEXT ROW - (Inc purlways in first st) 0 (1-1-0-1-0) time/s,
rib 0 (1-1-6-1-1-0), *inc once in each of next 2 sts, rib 6, etc…

I understand that it says to increase a stitch purlways but what does it mean by where it says rib? does it mean that i continue the rib pattern for the number of stitches which corresponds to the size i’m doing?

Hope my question makes sense!.. Also I think there is a mistake in the pattern because it has 7 different numbers ( one outside the brackets and 6 within) where the pattern only has 6 different sizes to knit.

Help!!!.

Thanks

The rib part means to keep the stitches in the ribbing as it’s been established–knit the knits and purl the purls as they face you.

As for the size–:shrug: .

Just so you know, I searched the Patons “errata” list (for pattern mistakes) for your book and pattern but couldn’t find either listed. Perhaps you can take your book and search it here and maybe you will find out that there was a mistake.

Best of luck! I didn’t check here first and ended up frogging my first attempt at cabling because they made some pretty big mistakes in the pattern! After I knit the entire front!